Please upload a single page that states the following:
- Contact information (phone, mailing address, e-mail address)
- School affiliation
- Title of research
- A list of five researchers you would like to meet if you are a winner
- Five keywords that are relevant to your application.
All of the following uploads should be BLIND (should not include any identifying information, such as names and affiliations)
- An abstract of 400 words or fewer summarizing the research. There is no minimum word limit for abstracts; however, we believe that abstracts that adequately describe the details of the research require at least 300 words.
- A project summary limited to three pages. The summary should include the purpose of the research, a brief introduction, methods, results, and discussion/implications sections. The introduction must include a clear, concise and completely justified statement of the hypotheses tested (if applicable) or the research questions. The discussion/implications should discuss the significant contribution of the work. The summary can include up to two tables or figures (i.e., one table/one figure, two tables, or two figures) that are not counted toward the three-page limit. References also do not count towards the three-page limit.
Please view the judging rubric for the Outstanding Research Award before you make your submission. This rubric will be used to score your application.
Preparing Your Files for Blind Review
Please name your application file “ORAapplication”. Remove all identifying information (e.g., names, affiliations) from your abstract, application, AND file names before uploading your submission. Please only include identifying information on the cover page, which should be titled “LastName_ORA”.
How to Submit
The submission period for this award is now closed. It will reopen in the fall of 2017.