Those eligible to apply are social and personality psychology doctoral students currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program in the United States or Canada and who have not participated in a prior EASP or SPSP Summer School. Students who expect to complete their dissertation research by the end of summer, 2011, are not eligible.
Five places have been reserved for SPSP members, and SPSP will contribute to board, lodging, and registration for these participants. (Participants will be expected to pay the student fee of 550 Euros.) SPSP will also contribute up to $750 per participant toward travel costs to the school. (We expect that participants will cover the rest of their travel expenses themselves.)
To be considered, you must be a dues-paid student member of SPSP for the year 2012 at the application deadline,
Applicants should send electronic copies of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover page with your name; date of birth; home and work address; email address; home and work phone numbers; year in graduate program; expected date when Ph.D. will be completed; and name, position, and home institution of primary advisor
- A statement verifying that you have not participanted in a previous EASP or SPSP summer school program
- A rank-ordering of the five workshops listed above from most to least preferred
- A one-page description of your research interests
- Your curriculum vitae
- A one-page letter of recommendation (preferably from your research supervisor), which can be sent separately to email@example.com. (Please have your letter writer put your name in the subject line of the email.)
Completed applications must be received no later than January 15, 2012. Notification will be made in February.
For more information about the summer school or location, please visit:
Questions about SPSP applications and funding for this program should be directed to the SPSP Executive Office.